Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Frickin' Freezing!!

Today it is -43 with the windchill. Now I don't know about you, but I had a hard enough time taking my eldest to preschool, let alone make the decision to go running outside.
If you did, you are my new hero:)

That said, today was a rest day for me anyway, so there was no running to speak of. I definitely paid the price for overworking myself the last few days. Three days in a row at the gym, plus the double up yesterday was a bit too much for me. A nice hot bath last night and some quiet time today is making a difference.

I am looking forward to my weekly weigh in tomorrow to see if my overzealousness (is that even a word) paid off.

3 comments:

  1. WOW that is cold!!! and way to get your workouts in

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cold weather cut off is -30, including windchill. I've run in some cold weather, but even I wouldn't run in this.

    Truthfully, I wouldn't suggest running in cold weather until you reach the point of steady running. It's much harder to stay warm when you're alternating between walking and running. Once you're running longer, you can cold weather run (but not this cold!) as long as you dress for it.

    I want to move to somewhere warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya Deb!!:)
    Treadmill at the gym is fine by me for a long while:)

    ReplyDelete