Saturday, January 28, 2012

On to Week Three!

I honestly am a little surprised I am at week three. Part of me thought after a week or two, I would have given up and gone back into hiding, but here I am starting week three and I am pumped about it.
Today my partner and I ran together, this time through my neighborhood loop. The loop here is 4km long, so it would serve for my runs until we get closer to the 5k mark. My partners loop is 2.5km, but she assures me she already knows how to weave herself through the community to make that 5k mark and beyond.

We began with our warm up walk, chilly, but a lot better than our last run. The sun was out, so that helped with motivation as well as some heat and light. This weeks run is two rounds of a Three minute run, followed by a 60 or a 90 second run (I can't remember, I had a double take on the three minute run!)
I was surprised the three minute one was first, but off we went when my little ringer hit. We continued to chat and worked our way through. Before long I was just beginning to feel like I couldn't do anymore of it and had no idea how I was going to survive the three minutes.. and wouldn't you know it.. my bell rang through my coat..

Huh...

That didn't seem to be as hard as I had thought it would be.. Maybe there is something to this...

Once again, we continued on our way until the run was complete... Except we were just a little over halfway home.
So rather than walk to our corner to turn and go home, we decided to kick it up and run, probably another 90 seconds to finish it off..

Yup, I ran when I didn't have to.
Running outside has been a lot better than I thought it would. In fact, I think I may continue outdoors, rather than the treadmill (weather permitting of course:))

I still kind of feel like an imposter. I mean, how can *I* be a runner? Can I even say I am with only a three minute run under my belt, or am I just a runner-wannabe?

In either case, I'm enjoying it

No comments:

Post a Comment